Our Sustainability Pillar sees members collaborating to position the industry as a leader in protecting against climate change, reducing waste and promoting compliance with good working and environmental practices. Our key focus areas include:
- Our Climate Change Initative and corresponding workstreams and working groups;
- Three resolutions that our members are making voluntary commitments towards; and
- Our work under the Global Social Compliance Programme.
Our collaborative efforts within the Product Safety Paillar are helping to increase confidence in the delivery of safe food globally through the continuous improvement of food safety management systems. These include:
- Our internationally-respected Global Food Safety Initiative (GFSI);
- A platform for collaboration between the world’s leading food safety experts; and
- Working Groups and regional and global workshops and events.
The work of our Health & Wellness Pillar is designed to help empower consumers to make the right decisions and help them to adopt healthier lifestyles. Key focus areas include:
- Better product information, responsible marketing and improved communications;
- Three resolutions to promote long term commitment; and
- Encouraging implementation and reporting on progress.
The work of the End-to-End Value Chain & Standards Pillar is focused on identifying and implementing global standards, protocols and principles for the management of data, processes and capabilities that span the value chain. This includes:
- Defining best practices and being forward-thinking;
- Working together on industry-shaping projects; and
- Producing real solutions to real problems that are both practical and actionable.
The Knowledge & Best Practice Sharing Platform is designed to fully support the work of our members and provide you with the very best membership experience. This is achieved through:
- Bringing CEOs and thought leaders together at industry-leading events;
- Promoting first-class knowledge exchange, networking and collaboration; and
- Supporting the development of our industry's brightest young managers.
Aside from the industry-defining projects and initiatives that we are currently working on with our members, there is also a long list of topics that have now been successfully completed. You can view a selection of our previous successes here, including:
- Understanding the Needs & Consequences of the Ageing Consumer;
- The Global Upstream Supply Initiative (GUSI); and
- The Global Packaging Project.