Our current agenda is shaped by the opportunities presented by the industry’s new omni-channel and technology-enabled business models.
We are pursuing a two-part vision:
- Information transparency - using information flows across the industry value chain to support both industry efficiency and consumer trust
- Physical supply chain collaboration - adapting physical flows across the industry value chain to be more efficient and sustainable
- Trading partners have access to real-time, accurate and independently assured product and supply chain data down to item level
- Consumers can get accurate, on demand answers to the questions they have on the products they buy (e.g. ingredients, safety) and where they come from (e.g. origin, social & environmental impacts).
- Consumers also have confidence that the personal data they provide to companies will be reliably safeguarded and responsibly used
- Replacing our current reliance on secondary packaging with a standardized system of reusable crates, adapted for automated warehousing and new omni-channel business models
- More sharing of logistics activities between companies to maximize truck and warehouse utilisation