From auditing bodies, sustainability standards and certification bodies to training and accreditation centres, service providers face the increasing complexity of assessing social and environmental compliance across global supply chains. The GSCP provides robust audit approaches and clear requirements for all.
Many buying companies contract 3rd party auditors. The need was soon raised to work on the critical issue of compliance assessment, and provide the industry with a set of tools compiling best-practice in this area.
- Complexity of assessing social and environmental compliance
- Need to assess and set the requirements for specific expertise necessary for third party service providers
- setting out clear requirements for the specific expertise needed by third party service providers
- providing tools to act as an international reference for these requirements
- working closely with service providers to ensure that their feedback is integrated into our work and set at the correct level