The GSCP team is pleased to speak at this year’s GLOBALG.A.P. SUMMIT taking place on 27th and 28th September in Amsterdam. Our Equivalence Process (EP) and Social Sustainability manager, Sonja Schmid, will be among the speakers during Day 2 of the event. This breakout session will be focused on the issue of duplication of approaches that exists within global supply chains and which collaborative avenues to take to address this problem. More specifically, the session will explore:
- How can different systems and schemes collaborate?
- What are the best methods for ensuring the reliability and integrity of audit results?
- How can standards drive continuous improvement?
- What is the future of farm certification and how to shape it today?
Sonja will be elaborating on how the EP is a vital piece to solving this complex puzzle. She will showcase how the EP benchmark can help to:
- Determine what’s behind standards: which criteria they cover and how are they audited;
- Compare different standards to opt for the approach that works best for your organisation;
- Enable mutual recognition through robust and independently verified knowledge about sustainability standards.
Going through the EP benchmarking ultimately helps organisations to improve all around - a collective goal we all are striving for.
About the GLOBALG.A.P. and the GLOBALG.A.P. SUMMIT
GLOBALG.A.P. is a global organisation with a crucial objective: safe, sustainable agriculture worldwide. They set voluntary standards for the certification of agricultural products around the globe–and more and more producers, suppliers and buyers are harmonizing their certification standards to match.
The GLOBALG.A.P. SUMMIT fosters dialogue among global community members. Taking place every two years, the conference is the perfect setting to discuss the latest developments in food safety and sustainability as well as Good Agriculture and Aquaculture Practices and the future of the industry.