On Consumer Information...
- We will ask our members to display energy information (at minimum) on the Front of Pack in markets where there is currently no specific recommendation for Front of Pack nutrition information.
- We believe that the Front of Pack has an important role to play in the information and education of consumers and shoppers.
- We acknowledge that there are other existing Front of Pack labelling systems in various parts of the world – particularly those supported by local governments – and we will work synergistically with other on-pack information.
Actions on Product Information
- Providing globally on-pack nutrition information on products – for at least seven (7) parameters: energy, carbohydrates, total sugars, protein, fat, saturated fats, sodium, and also for nutrients on which a nutrition or health claim is made.
- This will include per serving/portion and per 100 g/ml, if required, and may include the contribution to the diet as the official daily intake guidance, where such values are available
- Wherever it is not feasible to provide nutrition information on pack due to limited space or type of packaging, we will ensure that this information is available to consumers and shoppers in other forms, e.g. websites, in-store leaflets, consumer call/care lines etc.
- Nutrition (facts) table – for countries /products lacking basic information
- Where available, we may include the contribution to the diet as a percentage of guidance daily intake plus supporting educational programs - for countries /products with basic nutritional information already provided