The Employee Health & Wellness Commitment - It's Time to Get Involved
Our Health & Wellness Director Sharon Bligh recently sent a letter to members calling for participation in our Employee Health & Wellness Commitment. The letter highlights a number of great resources that are available to companies looking for inspiration and ideas, as well as for contribution to our upcoming case studies booklet.
Whether you are a consumer goods retailer, manufacturer or service provider, you are undoubtedly a company that hires people. These people are, in turn, your most important assets. Recognising this, in 2014, our Board of Directors made a public commitment to help our industry move as one and implement employee health and wellness programmes by the end of 2016. With more than 10 million people working for CGF member companies, the potential for positive change is clear for all to see. It’s time to empower our own.
I’m yet to meet a company that doesn’t want healthy employees, and our commitment is relevant to all 400 members of the CGF. No matter what company you work for, positive change can happen and you can meet the changing health and wellness needs of your people, no matter if you hire five or 50,000 people.
- Webinar Recording – our working group Co-Chairs Kim Kirchherr, MS, RDN, LDN, CDE, FAND, IGA Health & Wellness Advisor, and Jennifer Bruno, VP, Global Health Services, Johnson & Johnson, invite you to listen to how they implement and measure the Employee Health & Wellness Commitment in their companies. They also share their experiences on how to fill in the annual survey and how they progress year-on-year.
- H&W Toolkit - a chapter is dedicated to Employee Health & Wellness. It contains resources and checklists to help you get started and enhance the scope of your programmes.
- CEO Endorsements – CEOs tell their story about why workplace wellness is so important in their companies.
- Blogs – take a look at our latest blog post on joining the health and wellness journey and benefitting shoppers & employees alike.
- A Call to Action from the Working Group Co-Chairs - co-leads of two of our Health & Wellness working groups signed a letter, which was sent to all CGF members, that addressed the need for urgent engagement from all CGF members on the two public commitments with deadlines at the end of 2016.
- Tell Us How You are Doing – all CGF members are asked to report on their progress and tell us how they are progressing. Our annual survey is now open to all categories of CGF members and can be completed in not time at all.
The end of 2016 is fast approaching, and we need to show that our industry remains committed and, with your support, we can show a continuous improvement and how our industry is leading the way in empowering employees to live healthier lifestyles.