[BLOG] Finally, Some Good News…About Climate Change!
Our latest blog post comes from Liz Whiteley, the Executive Director for the North American Sustainable Refrigeration Council. In her post, she looks at recent decisions and commitments related to climate change, and what it means for the future.
in their organisations and drive positive change across the industry.
The conference brought together thought leaders from business, government and civil society and was a unique education and networking opportunity for all those in attendance.
[Press Release] CGF Members Share Their Food Waste Stories in New Booklet
Examples of successful food loss and waste reduction approaches from consumer goods companies on show as part of new collection of case studies.
PARIS, 27th October 2016 – The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) is pleased to announce the publication of its first-ever Food Waste Booklet, a compilation of real-life examples from the CGF members on how they are measuring and reducing food loss and waste. The CGF is the only organisation bringing consumer goods retailers, manufacturers and service providers together globally, and this publication showcases their commitment to tackling the issue of food loss and waste.
[Press Release] The Consumer Goods Forum Announces New Refrigeration Resolution
Retailers and manufactures re-emphasise their commitment to phase out HFC refrigerants and build on initial successes from over the last six years.
PARIS and NEW YORK, 10th October 2016 – The Board of The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) today announced a new resolution on refrigeration, calling on all consumer goods companies to phase out harmful hydrofluorocarbons (HFCs). This ambitious new commitment is seen as a vital next step in helping to meet the goal of keeping the global average temperature rise to well below 2°C. HFCs represent 1.5% of total warming potential today, and are expected to increase to 6-9% of total GHG by 2050 unless action is taken.
The CGF environmental sustainability team is pleased to speak at this year’s European Palm Oil Conference taking place on the 5th and 6th October in Warsaw, Poland. This event will be focused on the functional role of palm oil in food, and will also include the nutritional and sustainability aspects. The conference promises to offer new insights, ideas and sustainable solutions for food applications.
More Articles ...
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: New Champions 12.3 Food Waste Report
- Q4 2016 - Sustainability Update: CGF at Climate Week NYC
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: Product Packaging Gets a New Lease of Life Blog
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: CGF Webinar on Food Waste
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: Ignacio Gavilan Speaks at Sustainability Consumer Packaging Event in SouthKorea
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: Ignacio Gavilan in the News at PEFC Annual Stakeholder Day
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: Webinar on Corporate Deforestation Commitments
- Q3 2016 - Sustainability Update: CGF Attends PEFC Annual Stakeholder Meeting
- Q2 2016 - Sustainability Update: CGF Joins Champions 12.3
- Q2 2016 - Sustainability Update: Are We Meeting Deforestation Commitment