Part of our Knowledge & Best Practice Sharing Platform, we organise a number of key industry conferences and events that are designed to promote first-class knowledge exchange, networking and collaboration among the wider membership and with external stakeholders. These include:
- The Global Summit, an exclusive member-only, CEO-level event;
- The Global Food Safety Conference, with over 1,000 food safety experts; and
- The Future Leaders Congress, helping to inspire the next generation of leaders.
It's down to the commitment of our committees that our pillars and platform are able to move forward and produce tangible results. Most of our committees meet twice a year and focus on reviewing the work being done by respective working groups and projects, as well as overseeing content of events. Responsibilites include:
- Discussing and agreeing next steps for their respective Pillar;
- Agreeing programmes, dates and locations for our conferences and events; and
- Reporting back to the Board on relevant progress.
Our pillars are also supported by the work of those members involved in specific projects, working groups and workstreams. Our Pillars address a number of key topics within their objectives and these smaller teams help drive them towards a collective goal. Responsibilities include:
- Exploring ways to collectively acheive targets;
- Developing reports and documents connected to specific topics being covered; and
- Updating relevant committees and reporting on progress.
Our industry-leading conferences and events offer unique opportunities for sponsors. They provide unrivalled access to both retailers and manufacturers and give you the opportunity to promote your brand to the industry's biggest players. Sponsorship opportunities include:
- Store tour and study programmes;
- Networking areas, lunches and dinners; and
- Special sessions and breakfast sessions.
The Knowledge & Best Practice Sharing Platform organises a number of renowned events throughout the year, as do our regional offices, while our pillars also hold regular committee, working group and project meetings. Our 2014 schedule is filled with opportunities for members, including:
- The 58th Global Summit - 18th-20th June in Paris;
- The IT Study Tour - 25th-29th August along the West Coast, USA; and
- Food Safety Day Japan - 30th October in Tokyo.