Delegates to the event – The 57th Global Summit – will enjoy speeches and presentations from some of the biggest names in the consumer goods industry and beyond, including Senji Miyake, President & CEO, Kirin Holdings, Muhtar Kent, Chairman & Chief Executive Officer, The Coca-Cola Company & Co-Chair of The Consumer Goods Forum, Tadeshi Yanai, Founder and President, Fast Retailing, and Georges Plassat, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer, Carrefour, as well as from leading academics such as Professor Yoko Ishikura, Graduate School of Media Design at Keio University. Through keynote speeches, presentations and case studies, delegates will tackle a wide variety of issues central to optimising trade over the medium- and long-term.
— The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) Global Summit 2013 convenes in Tokyo June 12th-14th
— Special emphasis on the growing impact of Asia on worldwide consumer goods markets
TOKYO and PARIS, 5th June, 2013 – CEOs of the world’s most successful consumer goods companies are set to gather a week today to discuss the challenges faced by retailers, manufacturers and service providers in the consumer goods industry. The Global Summit of The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) will take place in Tokyo between 12th-14th June and will tackle one of the most vital topics facing retailers across the globe today: how Asia will shape the future of the industry. This year’s programme will be delivered through expert and case study-focused sessions providing attendees with actionable insights on how to thrive in a world that will soon be dominated by the Asian consumer markets.
Key themes set to be addressed at this year’s summit include how to crack the code of appealing to Asian consumers and understanding the digital consumer. The Summit will also discuss how retailers are adapting themselves to ageing populations and other key retail trends. The Global Summit is the flagship event for consumer industries, bringing together the world’s leaders in manufacturing and retail. This is the 57th edition of the Summit to be held, and more than 1,000 delegates are expected to attend from across the globe. This year’s summit will take place at The Imperial Hotel in central Tokyo.
Klaus Dohle, Chairman of The CGF Global Summit Committee, and CEO of Dohle Holdings said: “The world of retail is changing faster than ever. Not only are CEOs challenged with understanding the impact that new technologies are having on the retail sector, but they have to face a global change in demographics, the likes of which have not been seen in decades. In light of this, The Global Summit is more relevant than ever, providing CEOs with an unrivalled platform to share knowledge and approaches while forging useful business contacts. As one of the most technologically advanced and forward-looking retail markets in Asia, Japan will make a perfect venue for this year’s summit and we look forward to welcoming delegates there in a few days’ time.”
The vision of The Consumer Goods Forum is to create ‘better lives through better business’. The organisation achieves this by delivering progress and change through its five strategic pillars, while manufacturers and retailers have chosen to partner with The Forum to develop common positions on key strategic and practical issues affecting the retail and consumer goods industry. More: https://www.theconsumergoodsforum.com/
– ENDS –
NOTES TO EDITORS
The Consumer Goods Forum
- The Consumer Goods Forum (CGF) is a global, parity-based industry network, driven by its members. It brings together the CEOs and senior management of over 400 retailers, manufacturers, service providers and other stakeholders across 70 countries and reflects the diversity of the industry in geography, size, product category and format. Forum member companies have combined sales of EUR 2.5 trillion. Their retailer and manufacturer members directly employ nearly 10 million people with a further 90 million related jobs estimated along the value chain.
- The Consumer Goods Forum is governed by its Board of Directors, which includes 50 manufacturer and retailer CEOs and Chairmen.
- The Forum provides a unique global platform for knowledge exchange and initiatives around five strategic priorities – Emerging Trends, Sustainability, Safety & Health, Operational Excellence and Knowledge Sharing & People Development – which are central to the advancement of today’s consumer goods industry.
- The Forum’s vision is: “Better lives through better business”. To fulfil this, its members have given the Forum a mandate to develop common positions on key strategic and operational issues affecting the consumer goods business, with a strong focus on non-competitive process improvement. The Forum’s success is driven by the active participation of the key players in the sector, who together develop and lead the implementation of best practices along the value chain.
- With its headquarters in Paris and its regional offices in Washington DC, and Tokyo, the CGF serves its members throughout the world.
For more information, contact:
Fergus Campbell, GolinHarris International
Mobile: +44 (0) 7799 132 303 / Office: +44 (0) 20 7067 0699
Lee Green, Communications Manager,
The Consumer Goods Forum