On Employee Health & Wellness...
- Providing opportunities for our consumers and employees to lead healthier lives, including through smoke-free environments and employee wellness programmes;
- Encouraging and supporting our employees, of all ages, to make informed choices and become more physically active;
- Promoting overall physical and mental health (both cognitive and emotional);
- Promoting healthy skin through UV protection (sunscreen and practices); and
- Encouraging self-confidence through healthful practices and positive body image.
If you are interested in learning more about what is happening in this area, additional sources are highlighted below.
Workplace Wellness Alliance
The Workplace Wellness Alliance was established in response to a CEO Call for Action at the World Economic Forum Annual Meeting 2008, and launched in 2010. It was the objective of the Alliance – which counted over 150 members from across industries and regions – to improve global health and productivity by making wellness a priority, starting in the workplace.
The Alliance also recently published a report, titled "Making the Right Investment: Employee Health and the Power of Metrics", that brings together the latest thinking on workplace wellness and metrics, based on Alliance member initiatives and enhanced by broad-based literature reviews.
World Economic Forum