Sustainability is at the heart of the CGF’s mission, and we consider sustainability as a core part of our global event strategy. We seek to work with sustainable suppliers, limit wastage of all types and to reduce our carbon footprint. All participants are encouraged to employ technology, such as our dedicated Event App to reduce printing and marketing activities onsite. Our event managers put sustainability first when choosing menus and where ever possible use locally sourced and plant based ingredients to reduce our carbon impact. Our focus is food wastage, ensuring that our venues have a responsible strategy in place. We work with venues who make environmental and community impacts a priority. Each venue deploys their own strategies focusing on Community responsibilities, sustainable practices and employee welfare.
For the Global Summit 2023, the following are key areas:
- ICC Kyoto is certified for STEP 1 of the KES (Kyoto Environmental Management System Standard), an environmental management system standard promoted by Kyoto, the home of the Kyoto Protocol, in order to serve a sustainable society in the zero emissions era.
Reduce, Reuse, Recycle
- Elimination of plastic bottles from ICC Kyoto vending machines
- Elimination of plastic bottles from catering services
- Recycling of food waste
- Collection and recycling of used cooking oil
- ICC Kyoto have installed solar panels on the slope of Parking Lot 1 to power the digital signage in the subway passageway.
- Converting indoor lighting to LEDs