The meeting was chaired by Dr Helen Crawley, Chair of the Boroughs Food Group and keynote speakers included:
Key stakeholders on health and wellness meet at City Hall to hear more about the work taking place as part of the Collaboration for Healthier Lives
initiative launched in Lambeth and Southwark earlier this month.
Collaboration for Healthier Lives UK focuses on improving the health and wellbeing of consumers in Southwark and Lambeth by trying and testing a number of different interventions by working together with key partners in public health, the local community, academia and government. These structural and behavioural interventions will primarily target ‘healthier baskets’ and increasing awareness of healthier choices.
The meeting provided an opportunity to hear more about the interventions being implemented, the way in which the initiative is complementing work already taking place in both boroughs as well as other initiatives focusing on Good Food Retail
- Sharon Bligh, Health & Wellness Director, CGF;
- James Pearson, Managing Director, Danone UK & Ireland;
- Isabelle Grosmaitre, Alimentation Initiative Catalyst, Danone & Co-Chair of Health & Wellness Steering Committee at the CGF;
- Judith Robinson, Head of Health – Product Division at Tesco & Co-Chair of CHL UK;
- Jessica Attard, Portfolio Manager, Guy’s & St Thomas’ Charity;
- Rosie Dalton-Lucas, Head of Programme, Healthy Places – Southwark Public Health;
- Dr. Corinna Hawkes, City University, London Child Obesity Taskforce;
- Louise Tse, Public Health Obesity Lead, Bexley Public Health; and
- Dan Parker, Veg Power.
It provided a great opportunity to convene retailers and manufacturers involved in the project, key local stakeholders, government figures and colleagues from public health teams across London.